Top artists, craftspeople and designers have joined forces to launch the Campaign for Creativity at the Spring K&S Show.
The Campaign for Creativity aims to provide better opportunities for children to be creative and to think creatively. The national curriculum currently provides limited opportunity for children to express themselves creatively, even though creativity is vital to their development. Creative activities are a valuable means of expression and communication but also support life skills such as problem-solving, strategic thinking and resilience.
C4C Campaigners believe creative students should be given as many opportunities to choose and qualify in creative subjects as the core academic subjects.
Support our campaign and sign the petition
If you feel passionately about the importance of creativity, then lend the campaign your support by taking part in some craft activism. Simply stitch your name or signature and bring it to the show, or sit with our volunteers while you’re there, then add it to our wall of embroidered signatures. The stitched petition will travel round the UK and will be featured at all of The Knitting & Stitching Shows!
The Creativity Trail
Look out for the Creativity Trail around the show, for ways to get involved and explore your own creativity. Look out for the logo and give something new a try!
- Craft in Action – watch close up demos in weaving, spinning, embroidery, dyeing and more
- The Creative Living Theatre – see sewing celebs as they teach you a host of mini projects
- The Butterfly Garden Project – the all knitted (and crocheted) garden
- The Dressmaking Studio – gain top tips from expert dressmakers in a series of workshops
- The Learning Curve workshops – a series of over 100 workshops teaching everything from crochet to felt-making.
- Meet the Artist – tours of the textile galleries
Share your craft passion on social media and encourage others to get involved by using the #campaignforcreativity.
Information for Press
If you would like more information on The Campaign for Creativity then please email Julie Parmenter