In the past few years Creativity has taken a back seat, with working hours at an all-time high and more ‘academic’ subjects being favoured in schools meaning we all have less time to be creative.
This year we are petitioning to put Creativity back on the map and are inviting you to take part in our Campaign for Creativity.
- Craft activities have been proven to be good for your mental health
- Taking up a craft can help tackle stress
- Creativity is integral to learning and development
- Craft can combat loneliness and social exclusion
There are so many ways you can get involved with The Campaign for Creativity take a look at the ideas below:
Stitch your name on our ‘Creatition’ Creative Petition! The Spring Knitting & Stitching Show will host a wall of embroidered signatures. If you think Creativity is something that needs to be addresses then send your stitched signature to The Campaign for Creativity, Twistedthread, 58 White Lion Street, Islington, London, N1 9PP and we will add it to our wall of signatures. Alternatively bring your stitched signature to The Spring Knitting & Stitching Show yourself. Can’t sew? Don’t worry come along to the show and we will help you to sew your first embroidery of a stitched signature.
Take part in the Creativity Trail. This year the Spring Knitting & Stitching Show is playing host to a creativity trail embark on the journey and learn a new skill or master an existing technique. The train includes:
- Beginner embroidery sessions
- Have a go patchwork and quilting classes
- Knitting & crochet drop-ins
- A well-deserved chill out at the Butterfly Garden Project – the all knitted (and crocheted) garden
- Dressmaking top tips at the Dressmakers clinic
- Meet the Artist – Tours of the professionally curated textile galleries
Share your passion. Are you nutty for knitting, serious about sewing or a daring dressmaker, share your craft passion with us on social media and encourage other to get involved by using the #campaignforcreativity
Information for Press
If you would like more information on The Campaign for Creativity then please email Julie Parmenter
There has never been a better time to get creative, so come and join us on our craft adventure #CampaignforCreativity