Our Campaign for Creativity petition aims to provide more and better opportunities at school for children to be creative and to think creatively. The rigid nature of the national curriculum provides little opportunity or time for children to express themselves creatively, artistically or professionally. Creativity is vital to child development, not only as a means of expression and communication but to support life skills such as problem-solving, strategic thinking and resilience. Creative thinkers hold the key to the UK’s future success, not just in culture and the arts but across business and industry too. It is vital to their long term development that creative students have opportunities to select, embrace and qualify in creative subjects incrementally in the same pathway development as scientists, lawyers, doctors and others.
Support our campaign and sign the petition
Stitch your name on our ‘Creatition’ Creative Petition! The Spring Knitting & Stitching Show will also host a wall of embroidered signatures as a visual representation of our Creativity Petition. Get creative and greater send your stitched signature (this can be embroidered, crocheted, knitted, cross-stitched, the more creative the better) to:
The Campaign for Creativity
58 White Lion Street
All the signatures will be added to our wall of signatures. Alternatively bring your stitched signature to The Spring Knitting & Stitching Show yourself. Can’t sew? Don’t worry come along to the show and we will help you to sew your first embroidery of a stitched signature.
The benefits of Creativity
- Creativity is integral to learning and development
- Craft activities have been proven to be good for your mental health
- Taking up a craft can help tackle stress
- Craft can combat loneliness and social exclusion
The Creativity Trail
Take part in the Creativity Trail. This year the Spring Knitting & Stitching Show is playing host to a creativity trail, embark on the journey and learn a new skill or master an existing technique.
The trail includes:
- Beginner embroidery sessions – The Royal School of Needlework are giving free taster embroidery classes
- Patchwork and quilting classes – The Guild are on hand to teach you the art of quilting and answer your quilting quandaries
- Knitting & crochet drop-ins – Come along and learn how
- The Butterfly Garden Project – the all knitted (and crocheted) garden
- The Dressmakers clinic – Gain top tips from expert dressmakers
- Meet the Artist – Tours of the professionally curated textile galleries
#Campaign for Creativity
Share your passion. Are you nutty for knitting, serious about sewing or a daring dressmaker, share your craft passion with us on social media and encourage others to get involved by using the #campaignforcreativity
If you’re exhibiting with us at this year’s Spring Knitting & Stitching Show get in touch to see how your company can be part of the Campaign for Creativity.
Information for Press
If you would like more information on The Campaign for Creativity then please email Julie Parmenter
There has never been a better time to get creative, so come and join us on our craft adventure #CampaignforCreativity