We’ve teamed up with Bettys to bring you The Knitted Tea Room competition and we need your entries! We’re asking for knitted or crocheted items that would be found in a traditional English tea room and to help you we’ve got a couple of knitting patterns to download!
- Download the tea cosy pattern (thanks to Monica Russel of KnitKnacks)
- Download the cupcake pattern (this pattern will be here soon)
However we need more than just tea cosies and cupcakes – feel free to knit or crochet any item you’d find in a tearoom. Cup and saucer, a slice of cake, sandwiches, scones and jam – the list goes on and we’d like a full set!
Judges will be looking for innovative and beautifully made pieces.
Fill in the entry form and let us know your contact details and the piece you’re planning to enter. Entries will be displayed at the K&S Show in Harrogate and the winner of the competition will receive a Christmas Hat Box from Betty’s worth £75!
Judging will take place on Sunday 26th November and the winner will be contacted that day.
- Items must be knitted or crocheted and made to a life-size scale
- Entrants can send up to five items each.
- Please attach your name and phone number to your entry (so it cannot be seen when on display)
- Once complete, post your entry to The Knitted Tea Room competition, twistedthread, 58 White Lion St, London N1 9PP before 15th November.
OR bring your piece along to The Knitting & Stitching Show from 23rd to 26th November (but make sure it arrives before Sunday when the judging takes place).
This competition is being run in association with Bettys