7th – 10th October 2021 – More information coming soon
The Janome Fine Art Textiles Award
The Fine Art Textiles Award has returned for its third year in 2021.
FATA is an international juried exhibition open to all amateur and practising artists using textiles as their medium, and offering a prize of £5,000 for the winning piece.
The Janome Fine Art Textiles Award recognises the creative talents and skills of a broad community of high-calibre artists (including quilters) and celebrates textiles’ rightful place amongst high art.
Our aim was to present work that meets the following criteria and was of a standard that:
- Would be considered as fine art and worthy of premium gallery space
- Transcends its craft or making process, standing alone as visual art.
- Is clearly rooted in and reflecting of the inspiration, source, concept or idea of the artist, with fully resolved composition.
- Is rooted within the medium of textile, meaning that cloth and thread are used as the pivotal materials/media.
- Both 2D and 3D works are welcome, with the exception of garments unless said garments present as fine art. All disciplines, processes and media are therefore welcome, as long as the key/pivotal materials are clearly rooted in textiles. Without providing an exhaustive list, in terms of process this might include hand and/or machine stitch, weaving, collage/piecing, wrapping or binding, thread ‘drawing’, surface design, knitting and crochet. In terms of media, other elements can be incorporated such as dyes, discharge media, paint, paper, resin, wax and so forth.