Unfortunately, we had to make the hard decision to cancel The Knitting & Stitching Show Special Edition 2020. Take a look below to see the wide variety of fun and interactive workshops that were due to happen at this year’s Special Edition Show. We hope to see you at the next The Knitting & Stitching Shows.
Special Update! Beyond K&S
During a time when we are unable to come together for our live events in London, Harrogate and Dublin, we are busy planning a digital event.
This will comprise of competitions, workshops, a shopping hub and a special offers page and we would love you to be a part of it.
We plan to present this virtual event in November, bringing audiences from all three of our autumn events together. We’ll be in touch soon to tell you more.
Workshop Programme 2020
At this year’s The Knitting & Stitching Show Special Edition, we were due to offer a special programme with over 160 different workshops for you to choose from.
There would have been a selection of two-hour practical sessions (plus a few lasting three hours) which cater for complete beginners through to expert sewers.
We would have had:
- A dedicated Dressmaking Studio
- Spacious workshop rooms with restricted numbers of participants to allow for social distancing
Safety in our workshops
The following measures would have been put in place in our workshop studios:
- Limits to the number of visitors in the studios at any one time
- Advance ticket purchase only
- Timed and staggered entry, with venue queue management to avoid congestion
- Larger workshop rooms with limited and a safe distance between each participant
- Separate entry and exit points for both the Shopping Village and workshop hall
- Frequent and enhanced cleaning. Rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised between sessions
- Face coverings will be compulsory for all while government policy requires them to be worn in shops
- Tutors, staff and class angels will be wear face visors at all times
- Hand sanitiser / hand washing facilities will be provided throughout the venue
To minimise cross contamination we ask that all workshop attendees bring their own sewing kits (items recommended include: scissors, dressmaking shears (if needed), pins, needles, tape measures and, marking pens). The team will have some equipment for loan which will be sanitised between use.
⭐ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ⭐
Workshop tickets do not include access to the Shopping Village. If you wish to attend a workshop AND shop, you will need to purchase a separate ticket for each. Please be mindful of the timing of your class (and of your shopping session) to avoid disappointment.