The Vlieseline Fire Art Textiles Award
We are pleased to welcome The Vlieseline Fine Art Textiles Award back for its second year in 2020.
FATA is an international juried exhibition open to all amateur and practising artists using textiles as their medium.
The Vlieseline Fine Art Textiles Award will recognise the creative talents and skills of a broad community of high-calibre artists (including quilters) and will celebrate textiles’ rightful place amongst high art.
Our aim is to present work that meets the following criteria and is of a standard that:
- Would be considered as fine art and worthy of premium gallery space
- Transcends its craft or making process, standing alone as visual art.
- Is clearly rooted in and reflecting of the inspiration, source, concept or idea of the artist, with fully resolved composition.
- Is rooted within the medium of textile, meaning that cloth and thread are used as the pivotal materials/media.
- Both 2D and 3D works are welcome, with the exception of garments unless said garments present as fine art. All disciplines, processes and media are therefore welcome, as long as the key/pivotal materials are clearly rooted in textiles. Without providing an exhaustive list, in terms of process this might include hand and/or machine stitch, weaving, collage/piecing, wrapping or binding, thread ‘drawing’, surface design, knitting and crochet. In terms of media, other elements can be incorporated such as dyes, discharge media, paint, paper, resin, wax and so forth.
Click here to view the FATA 2020 Judging panel