Cloth Doll Mermaids with Patti Medaris Culea
Making cloth dolls is a fun and rewarding way to incorporate multiple techniques, including sculpting, stitching, stencilling and embellishing. This workshop will teach you Patti’s signature techniques, including how to colour and accent the doll’s face, stamping and stencilling the torso and tail, and embellishing with embroidery and beading.
In association with Galli Creative
Join Patti on this wonderful journey and learn how to make your very own Cloth Doll Mermaid with Patti Medaris Culea.
Suitable for all levels, this is a great project to expanding your mixed media skills and creativity in doll making, with plenty of transferrable skills along the way.
This step-by-step online workshop and eBook from Patti Medaris Culea will reveal her signature techniques whilst teaching you how to create fabulous cloth doll mermaids, a gorgeous starfish perch and a felted pin cushion.
Level: Suitable for all levels, for beginners through to intermediate and advance.
Price: £26 (plus £1.50 booking fee)
Watch the trailer to find out more!
What you'll learn:
- Laying out the Doll Pattern
- Choosing Fabrics & Materials
- Shaping, Sewing and Stuffing the Mermaid Body
- Sewing, Stuffing and Painting the Mermaid’s Face
- Stamping and Stencilling tail fabrics
- Embellishing the Mermaid Body with Embroidery and Beadwork
- Selecting and adding the hair
- Making the Mermaid’s Headpiece
- Working with Organza and Beads to make Wrist Cuffs
- Making the Mermaid’s Organza Tailfins
- Bringing it All Together
- Sewing, Stuffing & Beading the Starfish Perch
- Bonus! Making the Starfish Felted Pincushion
- 2.5 hours of video tutorials. The sessions have been split into 18 bitesize sessions, meaning you can navigate and watch specific sections again at ease
- 60-page e-book
- Doll, perch and pincushion patterns
- Comprehensive material list of things you will need to get started.
- Unlimited access until 31 December 2021.
Access to the sessions
The on-demand recordings will be available until 11:59pm (GMT) on 31 December 2021.
About the Tutor: Patti Medaris Culea
For more than 40 years Patti Medaris Culea has been teaching cloth doll making, drawing, gift creation and more. She is the author of 7 books on cloth doll making, beading and making doll clothes, numerous DVDs and has more than 100 doll patterns available with dealers worldwide.