Exploring Fiber Reactive Dyes with Claire Benn
Fiber Reactive Dyes are a great resource for producing results that are colorfast and very washable. With a basic understanding of how things work, you will begin to see better results in your projects.
This workshop series is perfect for beginners who want to achieve great results from using fiber reactive dyes with both cloth (natural fibers) and other natural raw materials such as paper, reeds, caning (or even wood) as well as experienced fiber artists who want to improve their practice when working with fiber reactive dyes.
In association with Galli Productions
Join Claire Benn for this series of workshops designed to demystify the processes and materials used to achieve the best results when using fiver reactive dyes. Learn a variety of techniques including silk screening, gradations, colour charts and mark making, plus ,various dyeing methods such as bucket, table and washing machine.
Thus us one of the most comprehensive workshops on working with fibre reactive (Procion MX) dyes and a great opportunity to learn new techniques to create unique fabrics that you can use in a variety of future projects.
Level: Suitable for all levels, with sections for beginners through to intermediate and advance.
Price: £40 (plus £1.50 booking fee)
Watch the trailer to find out more!
What you'll learn:
- Workshop Introduction
- Cloth & Preparation for Dyeing
- Ingredients for Fibre Reactive Dyeing
- Bucket Dyeing: Low vs. High Water Immersion Dyeing
- Tray Dyeing for Smooth and Textured Finishes
- Dyeing a Serial Gradation
- Dyeing in the Washing Machine & Over-dyeing
- Making Liquid and Thickened Dye Paint
Surface design and colour development exercises including:
- Working Black Dye on White Fabric
- Fundamentals of Screen Printing with Thickened Dyes
- Scraping, Brushing, Marking: Working Wet on Wet
- Dry Brush Technique
- Understanding Color Theory: The Color Tartan
- Procion MX Color Mixing
- Complex Colors, Neutrals & Gray Matters
- Black, Neutrals & Shades of Gray
- More than 7 hours of detailed video instruction
- 100-page STUDY GUIDE which is provided in PDF format
- Recipes and methods
- Bench reference guide
- Dye Chart
- Access to the on-demand until 11:59pm (GMT) on 31 December 2021.